Whitefield was for many years at the centre of the events of the 18th-century revival. This book therefore provides a marvellous overview of those events and also portrays most of the other personalities, both the well-known and the not so well-known. This is a most manageable, stirring and rewarding narrative of an outstanding life and mighty spiritual blessing.
Table of Contents
George Whitefield - Evangelist of the 18th Century Revival
1. Born and Born Again
2. Preaching That Startled the Nation
3. Missionary to Georgia
4. Into the Open Air
5. Into the Open Air in London
6. Doctrinal Differences and Sad Divisions
7. Doctrinal Convictions
8. The House of Mercy
9. Labouring in the Great Awakening
10. Whitefield's Darkest Hour
13. The Revival at Cambusland
14. The First Organising of Methodism
15. Meeting the Mob
16. Healing the Wounds and Prosecuting the Work in America
17. 'Let the Name of Whitefield Perish'
18. The Gospel to the Aristocracy in England
19. 'Let Me Be But the Servant of All'
21. Building for God
22. 'Weary in Thy Work but Not of Thy Work'
23. Whitefield Remembered
Publisher Wakeman Classics
Our Price £9.95